We have prepared this page to answer some frequently asked questions, however if you have a query which is not featured here please don’t hesitate to contact us.

How old must the hirer be?2018-09-25T16:18:39+00:00

Hirers must be over 21 and have held a full driving licence for at least 2 years.

What type of license must I have? And what happens if it’s not clean?2018-09-25T16:19:22+00:00

Licences need to be fairly ‘clean’ although minor offences (e.g. speeding) are permitted. Please contact us for advice if you have points for more serious offences. HIRERS UNDER 25 MUST HAVE A COMPLETELY CLEAN LICENCE (NB: We will not be able to hire to you if you have ever had a Drink Driving ban). 7.5T vehicles can only be driven on a car licence if you passed your test prior to 1st January 1997.

Can you deliver?2018-09-25T16:20:06+00:00

Subject to a fee, we are able to deliver and/or collect your vehicle to any location within the UK.

What documentation do I need to provide?2018-09-25T16:21:00+00:00

When collecting a vehicle, please ensure you bring the following documents with you: a) Credit or debit card for payment b) Driving licence (if applicable, please bring paper part in addition to photo card) c) Two additional forms of ID showing your ADDRESS (utility bills, bank statements etc.).

Is there a mileage allowance?2018-09-25T16:21:34+00:00

The daily mileage allowance is 250 miles/400km. Excess mileage charges of 9p per mile/6p per km will apply over this limit.

What is the insurance excess?2018-09-25T16:22:03+00:00

Where our insurance is used, an Excess of £1,000 up to 3.5t or £1,500 over 3.5t, will apply for any damage caused to our vehicle OR any third party claim.

Do I need additional insurance?2018-09-25T16:22:35+00:00

Vehicles over 7.5T, plus cranes, tippers, sweepers, access platforms and refrigerated vehicles of all sizes must be covered by the hirer’s own fully comprehensive insurance. We are not able to insure such vehicles on your behalf.

Please note our insurance does not cover the contents within a vehicle, you will need to take out your own insurance to cover this.

Can I use a vehicle abroad?2018-09-25T16:23:33+00:00

If you wish to take a vehicle out of the UK, the necessary Green Card must be arranged prior to departure. An additional charge is made for this service.

HSE Good Practice Guides2018-09-25T16:24:43+00:00

Training and vehicle familiarisation is given on all of our vehicles prior to hire. Please also ensure you are familiar with the health and safety issues surrounding the use of the equipment, prior to hiring ay specialist vehicle. Your safety and satisfaction is our business…

Click here to view our Health & Safety Policy





This website is due to be suspended shortly. If you are the site owner, please contact our Billing Department on 01934 524663.