HGV Technician - Gloucester
Gulliver’s Truck Hire Ltd. currently have opportunities available for fully qualified a HGV Technician based at our Gloucester location. The role will involve working to support the business unit and the workshop to ensure that all vehicle maintenance and repairs are carried out in a safe and productive manner.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting, repairing and MOT company and customer vehicles to meet VOSA standards
- Completing all documentation accurately and promptly, including raising temporary job cards where necessary
- Reporting all damage on customer and company vehicles as soon as they become apparent
- Protecting and maintaining all company tools by using them in the prescribed manner and returning them to their place of storage immediately after use
- Driving vehicles in a proper and safe manner
- Attending required training courses in order to maintain a commitment to developing your knowledge and skills in line with the company
You will need to:
- Possess your own good quality hand tool kit, enabling you to carry out all Gulliver’s and customers’ service and maintenance needs effectively
- Have a professional working manner
- Have a due regard for Health and Safety of both members of staff and customers
- Be fully qualified
- Have the ability to work competently unsupervised
This position is subject to a six-month probationary period, with a competitive hourly rate.
Your hours of work will be 40 per week, with various shifts available.
Great career progression.
Qualifications and previous experience essential.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days.
After successful completion of your six-month probationary period, you will also be entitled to join the company pension scheme.
If this position is of interest to you, please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mark Bullows on: 07880 384091
Close date January 6th 2017