HGV Technicians - Nationwide
Gulliver’s Truck Hire Ltd. currently have an opportunity available for a HGV Technicians nationwide.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- To be courteous and helpful at all times presenting a professional and competent image
- To inspect, repair and MOT company and customer vehicles to meet VOSA standards.
- To complete all documentation accurately and promptly, including raising temporary job cards where necessary
- To have due regard for Health and Safety of both members of staff and customers
- To protect and maintain all company tools by using them in the prescribed manner and returning them to their place of storage immediately after use
- To own a good quality hand tool kit, enabling you to carry out all Gullivers and customers service and maintenance need effectively and efficiently
- To protect and take care of both the company and customers property
- To report all damage on customers and company vehicles as soon as it is known or becomes apparent
- To drive vehicles in a proper and safe manner
- To maintain the cleanliness of work areas and remove all scrap etc
- To be aware of additional business opportunities and make the relevant department aware of them
- Availability to take vehicle to MOT station and carry out required duties
- To attend required training courses in order to maintain a commitment to developing your knowledge and skills in line with Gulliver’s fleet profile
- To work a reasonable amount of overtime when requested in order to allow the company to suit customers operational requirements
- To be competent, willing and able to work unsupervised and to provide site/roadside assistance when required to cover customer needs, this includes participation in an out of hours call out Rota
- To follow instructions and to adopt working practices given by the management team
- At times of holidays and staff shortages, be willing to work outside your normal hours of employment to meet the company needs
- Support when required the Workshop Apprentices in their duties
- Liaise with other staff so as to understand and support all aspects of the vehicle maintenance function
- Be aware of yard security at all times
- Ensure clear communication with customers and other staff members
Because of the changing nature of our business and its structure, your job description will inevitably change. You will from time to time be required to undertake other activities that fall within your capabilities as directed by your line Manager.
If this position is of interest to you, please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.